Just like de-cluttering your house, you first have to go through a process of awareness.
If you were going to de-clutter your house you’d look around and open all the drawers and cupboards and take an inventory of what needs to be dealt with. De-cluttering your brain is the same process!
- Inventory your mental space/Becoming aware/Awareness
- Thought downloads
- Plan your de-clutter process
- Every day I’m going to spend 1 hr de-cluttering my brain, by doing practices that help to clear my mind, deal with past, gratitude
- Take Action on the de-clutter process
- As you know it’s an ongoing process.
- How many of you have watched an episode of hoarders and you’ve thought, yep, that’s gonna look like that again in about 2 months. Because you know from the outside looking in that until the person in question has become aware of the thoughts that created that mess, and changed them, they are going to keep on creating the same mess, the same habits over and over again.
- About taking action now, with new thoughts in place and doing that on a very ongoing basis.
- Continue de-cluttering on a daily basis.
- Think about some of the habits that you have that keep your house from getting overwhelming cluttered. Make your bed; Hanging your towels; Putting your clothes away; Putting your things back in the same cupboards in the kitchen. We create all of those habits to keep order and keep the chaos to a minimum, and when your house is getting really crazy, it’s usually an indication that you’re feeling un-centered, too busy, down, stressed.
- When you are not feeling mentally centered, that’s usually also an indication that you’ve been too busy, too down or too stressed to pay attention to your daily mental habits.
- Clear up your unfinished business
- The un-finished business takes up brain space, clear it up if you can
- Enlist new positive daily habits that de-clutter your brain
- Exercise helps to clear your thoughts, releases hormones that help you to stay positive.
- Journalling, gratitude journal. Take a listen to my podcast “Gratitude Changes Everything” for a more in-depth look at why gratitude and the practice of gratitude is so powerful. A daily short practice of gratitude can help to get you back on track.
- Thought downloads
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST NOW:
ENJOY THE PODCAST?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!