You will make whatever you believe you CAN make no matter what you are doing in life!
Does this sound like you? I think a lot of Musicians can fit themselves into this category. Many of my artists tell me that they prefer not to be noticed. It’s difficult to put yourself out there in a BIG way, it’s much more comfortable to stay small and slightly invisible.
”Under Earning is the determination or compulsion to keep ourselves small, to stay under the radar, to not be visible, despite having the desire to be successful, despite having the ability to and perhaps having opportunities.”
- Not asking for a raise
- Rejecting ideas
- Working below ones training
- Avoiding earning
- Investing more time than is needed in a task
- Specifically for the self-employed – not following up leads
- Not charging appropriately or under charging, not charging at all, not following up on an unpaid invoice.
- Overdoing volunteering activities
- Choosing to work alone, when it may make more sense to work with others
- Clutter – not valuing your workspace, having things that get in the way
- Time deflection, putting off what needs to be done by doing something else, not spending time actually focusing on visions and goals.
- Chronic lateness
People behave in this way for a reason. What is behind this type of behaviour?
Internal conflict and core beliefs that says “I really want this, but I think I can ever have it.”
One of those CORE beliefs is that you’re only really going to be successful if you have a significant windfall. Because you couldn’t possibly do it on your own.
The other huge CORE belief is concerns about visibility issues, if I get successful I will stand out, be noticed and be vulnerable.
Get out there and get vulnerable, set big goals and start earning to your potential.
to get to work on farming your thoughts and busting through your limitations, that what changes you! FOREVER!
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST NOW:
Huge shout out to my podcast sponsor! Bandzoogle!
If you’re in the market for a website, then go NO further than Bandzoogle, they are giving all my listeners an amazing deal on their subscriptions. If you want a GREAT website and want to be able to start collecting email addresses and selling your music immediately. BandZoogle is the platform created by Musicians for Musicians, check them out today!
http://bandzoogle.com – use the coupon code “mlcpod” for a 15% discount for 12 months and a 30 day free trial.
ENJOY THE PODCAST?
- Leave me a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!