6 Steps to becoming more like a label for maximum success!
I love getting inspiration from my amazing one on one clients.
Recently I was discussing a collaboration with a one on one client and they made the comment that this person they were collaborating with was quite successful because they “Act like a Label”. I thought that was a great comment.
I coach all the time about doing this or that, but putting in that was is BRILLIANT and so true. Acting like your own label without actually having to get one or be signed is a beautiful thing. Take “Chance the Rapper” as probably the most incredible example of this in recent years. He won 3 Grammy’s in 2017 as a completely unsigned artist and the things he did all lend themselves to acting like a label on your own behalf. And here are those 6 things…
- Loyal Fanbase creation – You have to build a community. Any and all successful acts, label signed or not have a loyal fanbase and community. Chance the Rapper has his GForce! You only need the first 1000 people in a group to have a VERY successful single or album launch, pre-sale or drop.
- Pre-sell, or package your products together for bigger sales from loyal fans. $20-$30 range is good to start with. Make more than your music allows, it won’t bring in enough income alone.
- Find and employ FREE marketing techniques. Social media, collaborations…anything you can think of that is FREE have the courage to pursue it.
- Sponsorships and Endorsements, often bring revenue, support and/or exposure.
- Educate yourself and BE SURE that you are collecting all the royalties that you are eligible for.
- Invest income from everywhere, live performance, sponsorships, endorsements, royalties back into your business for your next project! Don’t spend it all!
Creativity is key, fanbase is king and marketing can be free!
Take my FREE course on how to put together your loyal fanbase now!
Love and Peace
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST NOW:
ENJOY THE PODCAST?
- Leave me a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!